Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem: Ubuntu is way too much fun.

Beans

Problem: Ubuntu is way too much fun.

I don't know what to do with myself now guys. Cpu, gpu, motherboard, power supply, everything just works, and it works perfectly with Ubuntu.

I look around at my local community, and I wonder, why don't all of these people use Ubuntu? Clearly there is no other option to fulfill our computing needs other than Ubuntu. Contenders? Windows? Malware. Debian? Old. Fedora? Prohibitive. Arch? Shady.

Everything Windows does, Ubuntu does better. Oh, don't forget about mac, give me a break. No I don't want to have my personal information constantly exfiltrated from my computer and sold off to private third parties. Can we be serious for a moment? These organizations treatment of their users is openly ridiculous, to put it gently, and should be considered criminal, and probably would be if they empowered any of their users to speak freely.

Meanwhile, while all these other people are getting robbed by their evil operating system administrators I'm happily listening to music, browsing the internet, playing video games, and accomplishing just about every single task I can possibly imagine, and more than I'd like to admit: with Ubuntu.
    Last edited by hyperlinxe; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:02 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Problem: Ubuntu is way too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlinxe View Post
    Arch? Shady.
    Highly Subjective, please explain....
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Wow how much time do you have. To start with, they do not even provide a live iso like most other distributions with a desktop environment, so new people are inclined to use third-party resources to simply try it out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I have plenty of time, I always find it fun to hear about Arch haters...LOL

Your wrong about a live ISO, They just don't use A GUI installer.

I have always found Arch Linux as a DIY (Do It Yourself) operating system. From installing to managing, Arch Linux lets you handle everything.
    Plainly put If you are a DIY enthusiast, you’ll love Arch Linux.

Ubuntu also uses third Party Sources.

Agreed though it's not for everyone, but it's my daily work horse and has been for over 7 years now.

Trying new things is good way to Learn linux better, But that complexity also means that you’ll be forced to learn things that you probably never bothered to in other distributions.

So Shady sounds like your personal opinion, and that's fine by me...

This should be in OS Chat instead of here.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

'Shady' actually refers to a variety of things related to arch linux in my opinion. Aside from their representation of themselves, there is also the community that has grown up all around them, which is full of misinformation, and actively fosters the constant daily harassment of users migrating from main-stream operating systems to a system that brands itself as new, and fun, and capable, or in other words appealing as an alternative to the stable distributions available.

I am a "diy enthusiast" actually and I find that the way arch linux is represented does not reflect the reality of it's design, administration, or usage in real life practice.

Again, this all goes to my original point, that after all is said and done, there is no other alternative realistically compared to Ubuntu, which fulfills everyone's needs perfectly.
    Last edited by hyperlinxe; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:28 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I will agree on one point only, Arch is full of long time experienced Linux users, and some will greet you with firm backhanded comment. But you will find them here as well.

I'll just chalk this up to a lack of knowledge, and miss-informed information.

I'm happy your happy with Ubuntu, and one should just use what they find fun and stable..

I did.
    Regards
    Dalai Lama>>

Beans

The problem is, Ubuntu is fun, and to some people in the world: that is a problem they can't bear.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat, as suggested above.
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Beans

Well you guys are a lot of fun to talk to. I think this forum might be dead! Doesn't Ubuntu have a community or something? Ya know like people that use Ubuntu, and like to talk to other people about Ubuntu? I put this thread in the new ubuntu users section for a reason, obviously, I thought it would be appropriate there! Maybe you could move it back. That way it doesn't just end up a dead post like the vast majority of this forum.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Yours was not a request for assistance. Thus, it belongs in a chat area.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast